CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Spring Break















We didn't actually do much on spring break. Which for me was rather nice; no schedules, no baseball, no homework, no preschool,etc..... We did typical stuff, my angels had a sleepover with their best friends, went to the mall (to spend all the birthday money they got :), went golfing, went for a bike ride (ok that was painful for me, lets just clarify that----I had to ride Mike's 10 speed which is about 20 years old so the seat was about the size of my hand (really, how did Mike ever ride it, I don't know) so my big ol' bottom didn't have a chance). Ok, that was a bit off topic.








Here's a funny story; Makenna has been asking for highlights for awhile but I always said "nope your too young & your hair is pretty like it is". Well, we were at the store one day and she wore me down so we got some do it yourself highlights. So simple, you put a bag with these little holes over your hair (see picture) and you pull some strands of her hair out of those holes & highlight. So simple, right? UGH! It took me an hour & a half just to pull her hair through those tiny, ridiculous holes and after all my hard work it turned out well......blond. Almost her whole head was a bleach blond look. It looked like her Mom did it and messed it up, yeah I know that is exactly what happened but I didn't want it to be so obvious! I do what any mother would do, call the hairdresser. I called and got her an appointment to get low lights to fix the blondness. The results from the stylist were great, her hair looks awesome. But it cost more to fix the problem than it would have if I would of just let her go to the stylist first for highlights! I told MJ, don't ask for highlights for a really, really, really long time. I think I was so bothered by her blondness because when I was around her age I tried Sun-in (remember that stuff) and it turned my hair orange. Truly, it was orange. And my mother did nothing, can you believe that?! Nothing. So I was stuck with orange hair until it grew out. Scarred me for life, thanks Mom!!!








0 comments: