Ok, forgive me if I sound like I'm bragging---that is not my intent. I am so proud of both children but this is a moment I am going to speak about my boy. First, his oh so sweet side---I was having a sad moment and crying about not being able to see my family for the first Christmas ever. My sweet angel came in my room (where I was trying to hide my sadness) and put his loving little arms around me and just hugged me. No talking, no asking what's wrong---he was just simply loving me where I was. He took away the sadness in my heart and replaced it with his unconditional love. I will always cherish that moment and I thank God for my son.
Second, did you know Tyler was smart, I mean really smart?! His teacher requested a parent/teacher conference with us (I have to tell the truth, my first reaction was "Oh no, what did he do"). It turns out, he tested into the AIG (Academically and/or Intellectually Gifted) program. He will have to take a bus every Friday to a neighboring city to a school especially for AIG students and spend all day there. He gets to pick at least one elective that he thinks is interesting on top of his reading and math. They have classes like computers, science,etc.. Tyler is so excited about this. Mike and I are so proud and think it is a great opportunity for him. And once in this program he will always be labeled AIG throughout his school years. Alright, I'm done for now :)
Oh, One last thing....I included a picture of Tyler and Will (our neighbor) wearing shorts today--it is DECEMBER 19. Crazy!
breeeee
14 years ago




2 comments:
Go ahead and brag for a moment. Congrats Tyler! Hope all goes well with his placement, can't wait to hear updates. We are missing all of our friends who aren't here with us this Christmas. But know that we are thinking of you always. Have a wonderful Christmas!!!
That is SOOO wonderful!! Way to go, Tyler!!!
E-mail me, Missy and I'll get you that recipe! pfunk182@gmail.com
Post a Comment