CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 16, 2009

Mike's Birthday

Sorry, I don't have any pictures, I did have my camera with me but I forgot to put the memory chip in the camera before we left home. Anyway, we have a tradition in our family when it is someones birthday, we go out to dinner and of course, the birthday person gets to pick the restaurant. Mike decided he wanted to go to Calabash for his birthday. No one said you couldn't pick a restaurant 2 hours away. So we went to Calabash for lunch last Sunday. Then after lunch we went to the beach, yes it was January and cold. But after living in Ohio for 30 some years---you'll take every chance you can to go to the ocean. So we collected sea shells and the boys played football. Then we spotted something down the beach (you knew a story was coming, didn't you?!) so off we go to check it out. Turns out to be a cage with crabs in it attached to a buoy. Only problem is we can't reach it because every time we got close the tide would come in. My daughter has a solution to this problem----take off her shoes and socks and go get it. Ummmmmm I am not particularly happy with this solution well because it is January and cold!!! Somehow my vote doesn't count and she does it anyway. She actually retrieves it and brings it to us so that we (mainly Tyler) can get a better look at the crabs. Most of the crabs were dead but a few were alive so the angels decide to free them (although Mike and I thought about having them for dinner). Speaking of dinner it was about that time so we head back to Calabash for dinner. This time Mike and I decided to share an oyster roast (sorry Eula) and boy, was it good! It was nice because Makenna and Tyler had fun shucking the oysters while Mike and I ate them! Yum!!! My husband is in his very last year in the 30's --can you believe that?! I do have a very funny story about my husband's birthday gift but I'll save that for another day :)

1 comments:

Ashley said...

Sounds like lots of fun!!!
Tell Mike Happy Birthday!!!!