CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 5, 2009

That time of year again!






It is that time of year for two different occasions, 1. being trick-or-treat and 2. being that the collard greens at the farm are ready! Makenna had to make her own costume this year because her mean 'ole Mom didn't want to buy one for just 2 hours of trick or treating. So she took one of our old packing boxes and spray painted it to look like a letter on wheel of fortune (she is so creative) and Tyler was on the dark side yet again (I think this makes the third straight year) as Darth Maul from Star Wars.
Mike has been watching the greens grow on the farm for about month now and when they put the sign out that they would start selling them Nov.5th well, he was just way too excited. He has been counting down the days. We even went to Nahunta pork center (which by the way, sell crazy things....like a whole pig head--now why would anyone want that?!) to buy a ham hock to put in the greens. I think my man has been a southern his whole life. So as I write this the greens are a cook'n in a big 'ole pot. So if y'all want some just head on down :)

1 comments:

Ashley said...

Those are HUGE! You will have to cook some for us sometime, I am clueless about how to prepare them.