CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Ohio Trip
















Ok, this could be a long post so make yourself comfy. I took a road trip to Ohio, I'll tell the story in the order of the trip. So first we went to Massillon to take Breanna home (she stayed with us for part of the summer). Then we drove to Canton to stay with Mike's parents for a few days. My angels love their back yard. Grandpa & Grandma had gotten a new game for the angels to play....it is called ladderball and they had a lot of fun with that (we even got to bring it home:). While in Canton I had my favorite pizza, Pizza Oven. YUM! And Makenna had her favorite snack, ice cream. She had ice cream every day sometimes twice in one day. Let's see she went to Patricks', Milk & Honey, Woody's root beer stand, Handles and Dairy Queen. That girl loves her ice cream!!!

My Mom and I drove to Columbus (that was a weird drive for me) to see my Grandpa. He had some good moments but he had some bad ones too. It breaks my heart to think he lived independent for some 84 years and now he is in the nursing home. But I am thankful (as I am sure he is to) that he has my Mom and Uncle that visit.






Then the angels and I drove up to Boardman to stay with my Mom for a few days. They loved feeding the fish & ducks. In the couple of days we were there I think we used up all my Mom's bread....sorry about that. Ok, I do have a funny story about Makenna that she won't like me posting but.....oh well. I was sleeping right beside her and sometimes she talks in her sleep (the more tired she is, the more she talks). I wasn't sleeping too well and out of the blue my sweet daughter yells "BUTTCRACK". Ha! Really? That is what you yell in your sleep?! Crazy child.

While at Mom's we get a call that Steve & Cindy were on the way to the hospital to have the baby. So we drive up to Cleveland to see & hold little Ryan. Who was 7.4 lbs and so darn cute.

The next day we drove up to Aurora and stayed with Steve's family for a few days. I got to hold little Ryan a lot which made me so happy. And we had a day just us with Sami and we loved that too. Sami actually directed me to the grocery store...that was awesome. My angels got to jump off a dock into some mucky water but for some reason they loved it and did it over & over again. We took Sami to the pool while we visited and one day I got stung by a bee in my back and if you don't know I am allergic to them. So I did what anyone would do.....I called my Mom! Then I asked the lifeguards to look at it and they said it was very splotchy and starting to swell. I keep my epipen in my car so I stuck myself with that big o'le needle which was very painful (more so than the bee sting). But it worked and the swelling went away. That was a bit scary. It was a busy and fun trip. I am so thankful I got to visit my family and I already miss them. On a side note, I kept track of how many miles I drove on this trip....1503!! That is a whole lotta driving! Thankfully God kept us safe during all that driving.

1 comments:

Michael and Yukiko Jones said...

Glad you have a nice and safe trip, I'm sad we didn't get to see you guys. Maybe on the next trip...