Makenna just finished up the season for us kids golf. She had her last tournament on Saturday. Since Mike had to work, I was her caddy (this was my 2nd time as her caddy). I was a little nervous since us kids are more strict with the golf rules & regulations.......and I know none of them. But Makenna does so I trusted her. And she did great! She played so well (I think it was because I was her caddy, I'm just say'n). She shot her lowest score of the season.....101 (again, could of been because of her caddy). Did I mentioned that we walked & played in a down pour......the rain was coming down hard. It lasted for over an hour too. We did remember the umbrella but it was pretty pointless. Ok, I am pushing her golf cart with the club cover on so I had to try and unzip that to get out a club for her while holding the umbrella and trying to put the last club away. Ugh, it was probably comical to watch but no fun at all trying to do. So we gave up on the umbrella (except when MJ wanted it over herself). Yeah, I got a little wet. Even so I had a wonderful time with my daughter. We laughed, we talked, we got frustrated, we got wet, we got silly......we bonded. I am so very proud of her. Not because she took home the 1st place trophy (yay Makenna) but because of her character. She doesn't get upset (well except for one hole), she just gets focused. She plays fair, quiet & determined. Her game has changed a lot this year, she has really grown. Good job punkin. I love you.
breeeee
14 years ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment