CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 21, 2011

Field Trip










I went with Tyler and his 5th grade class on a field trip to Jamestown, VA which is about a 3.5 hour drive. They had three buses going, 2 for all the 5th grade students & one for the parents. At first, I didn't like the idea of going on a separate bus away from Ty but the more I thought about it decided it would be ok, at least it would be quiet & I could read. Ha! That didn't happen, rumor is the parent bus was the loudest. Mostly because they watched a movie with the volume up as loud as it would go (that was an instant headache) and the movie choices, not something you think would be on a school field trip----The Hangover and Wild Hogs ;) Granted these were funny movies but lots of bad words.

So anyway, the field trip was a lot of fun, a lot of walking & listening. It was beautiful weather (get ready to be jealous Ohioans) sunny & 80's. We went to Jamestown & Yorktown, VA. It was very informative (if you actually listened the whole time) but Tyler said his favorite part was petting a turkey. Cool! It was a long day, we had to be at the school by 5:45am and didn't get home until after 9:00pm. Still can't believe my baby is almost done with elementary school. sniff, sniff.......






Ok, this post is for you, Mom. I painted my bedroom & got a new comforter set, and Mike got a new plant. See what ya think

2 comments:

Michael and Yukiko Jones said...

I like the room decor. No one else responded (like your Mom) so I thought I would :)

missy&makenna. said...

Thanks Kiko! I really miss y'all. My Mom can't figure out how to respond (she doesn't have a goggle account & I tried to tell her how to do the anonymous one but.....)