I don't have a specific reason for this post, just a few tidbits of information. Makenna has played 2 tournaments with the golf team so far (starting this week, she will have 2 or 3 tournaments a week until Oct 11). The first tournament I think her nerves got the better of her. She was stressing (and she usually doesn't do that). She shot a 51. But her next tournament (btw, she was 3rd seed for this one) she did the best on her team and got 2nd best score overall and there were 5 different schools competing. Oh yeah! This was an all conference match (ok, I'm still learning & trying to figure out all this high school golf lingo). She shot a 46. Which helped her team, The Clayton Comets get 1st place. Woo-hoo!!! Her coach was so happy (so was MJ), he said they never won a match last year & this year they win their first one. Makenna said he couldn't stop smiling. Yippee! I am so happy for her. Keep it up girl.
So we went to Tyler's middle school (big sigh....) to get his schedule and they gave him band as an elective. heeheehee, Tyler in band?! He was so not happy. I did go to the office and change it. Told them that Tyler has never played an instrument in his life & doesn't want to start now. He has started fall ball practice. His coach is really nice & from Twinsburg, OH--crazy. Tyler's first practice didn't go so well so on the way home he asked me if we could go to Monster Batting Cages? Absolutely, if a child of mine wants to practice on his own, you bet I'll take him. So I think we went to Monster 3 or 4 days straight. By the fourth day, he was crushing the ball. The coach was pretty happy with all his practice. I think my angels are finally learning that practice pays off.
My sweet angels start school tomorrow, can you say "Thank goodness"?! Wow, they have been bickering like crazy lately. Way too much time together. I am happy to get back to a schedule but not happy about getting up soooooo early and the craziness of both sports schedules, games, practice, tournaments, school activities, etc.... But such is the life of a middle schooler & high schooler (another big sigh.....).




0 comments:
Post a Comment