It is not a coincidence that a few weeks ago I posted about my UGH week and now I am doing a Bible study about attitudes. In fact the Bible Study is called Lord, change my attitude. I normally don't write about the Bible studies I do but this study has really opened my eyes (especially since I just wrote that venting post). Most people think "Oh its ok to vent once in awhile, you need to let it out." That's not true. Yes, I will have bad days, grumpy days, etc. but on those days I need to either keep my mouth shut or be on my knees asking God to change my perspective. The study defines complaining as : to express dissatisfaction with a circumstance which is not wrong & about which I'm not doing anything to correct. A few things stand out in this first week of the study, 1. Even if the only thing God ever did for me was to die on the cross---that is enough. I could not possible ask for more (but selfishly we do). 2. God hates & judges our complaining. Wow, how's that for stopping you in your tracks the next time you open your mouth to complain? 3. In the short term, complaining separates us from God, in the long term it becomes a lifestyle that sends us to the wilderness. When we complain we are saying that His provision isn't good enough.
The first few years here in NC were difficult for me. At times I questioned where God was, why would He send us here for this, did we make the wrong decision by moving? My faithful husband was stronger than I. He had just as many reasons for complaining but he NEVER did. He changed jobs many times (anyone who knows him, knows how much he dislikes change), he got criticized by our neighbors for the putting green, etc, etc through all of that & more he stayed true to his faith & believed God could do what He said He would do. And do you know what, he was right. God has blessed my husband for his faithfulness & I truly believe He blessed Mike for not complaining. Complaining is the easy way out. Staying true to your convictions is much harder. Another reason this study has opened my eyes is by seeing God's hand in Mike's life. Mike had a good job & very well could have said "no thank you" to the job offer he got in Fayetteville. It was a long drive, he didn't want to change jobs again, but he did not say any of that. He stepped out on faith again & God blessed him with an amazing job. I look back now & see God at work. I am thankful my husband saw it while it was happening. God is so good. And I am sorry for using my blog to vent/complain. I know God is enough.
breeeee
14 years ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment