I have been looking for ways our family can volunteer. For a couple of reasons, the most important is that God has blessed us so much that we should out of gratitude & love be giving back. Also, at this point for Makenna, it does look good for college applications. That sounds just bad, even if Mj did not go to college (gasp, I should not even think like that) I would still want my children to give back & help others. So really there is one reason, we are hoping God's love shows through us. A few years ago Makenna needed to volunteer to be on the beta club in middle school so I asked what interest her, where would she like to help out? At Petsmart with the cats, that was her reply. So I looked into it & turns out that volunteers clean the cat cages there so we signed up. We did it for about a year & then stopped. But just recently we signed up again, this time Tyler is old enough to help too. So once a month, I clean the cages while my sweet little angels play with the cats/kittens. How did I know that is what would happen; I clean, they play. Oh well, once in awhile I make them clean the litter boxes. Although yesterday while we were there, a tiny kitten made a BIG, stinky mess (if ya know what I mean). And Tyler started gagging, literally. It was pretty funny. Wanna guess who cleaned that big ol' mess?! uh huh, ME. Ok, to make this even more funny I just told Tyler what I am writing about & he said "I threw up in my mouth". hehehehehe He said cuz it was fresh poo, that's why. LOL He's is my funny boy. Gotta love him. We do see some cute kittens while we are there. Very tempting but NO more pets for us. Makenna can take all the pictures she wants but I am not coming home with a cat.
We also signed up to help our church the day before Thanksgiving. Our church & another local church are getting together to serve dinner to the homeless. So the angels & I signed up to serve them. These are the things I want my children to do, be servants for the Lord. We are called to do that. So I am going to look for more ways that we can help. On a side note, Tyler recently joined Fellowship of Christians at his middle school. He did this on his own. Awesome! They are making baskets this week to take to the senior citizens home for Christmas. After handing out the baskets, they get to play bingo with the seniors. Tyler can't wait, he told me he doesn't know why bingo is just for old people cuz he likes to play it :) I am thrilled he joined this & will be involved with other Christians at his school. God is awesome.




0 comments:
Post a Comment