CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Christmas Tree

























Thanksgiving was a little different for us this year. It was just us, Mike's parents didn't come down & we missed them. So we decided to get the Christmas decorations out. Mike is only in charge of putting the outside lights up. This year he had Tyler help him, the only part Tyler enjoyed was going up on the roof. But once up there, it took him awhile to figure out how to get down. But the boys worked together & got the job done. Yay! So I put the artificial tree up that night along with the lights (we all know that is quite a job). But decided to wait until Friday to put the ornaments up. So Friday morning, after much coaxing I got the angels to participate in helping me. We are on the last few ornaments when the tree almost in slow motion (or so it felt), came toppling over. Yep, completely fell over. Poor Ty was putting an ornament on the tree when this happened so he thought it was his fault. Bless his little heart, he was so upset & kept saying "I'm sorry Mom". But truth be told, I knew the tree seemed wobbly, even Mike noticed that the night before. Did either one of us check the base of the tree, nope! So it took me a few moments to gather my composure (I mean really, where do you start with a broken tree full of ornaments & lights on the floor?!). Makenna cleaned the broken pieces (luckily, only 2 ornaments broke & they were not one's the angels made so I didn't care). Tyler & I began the long process of taking everything off the tree & throwing the broken tree in the trash. Oh my, what a morning! But it turned out alright, we went later & picked out a live tree & they delivered for free! So besides decorating a tree twice in one day, it wasn't too bad. By the way, the picture is of the real Christmas tree, the finished product.

















I have still been trying to figure out how to work my camera (that I got last year for Christmas) so I took some pictures of my favorite subjects, my angels. Enjoy!

0 comments: