This post starts off scary but it ends well so keep reading. I was at the outlets in Smithfield when I get a call from Tyler's school saying "Tyler is in the office, he says he doesn't feel good & he is extremely pale." Of course, I respond with "I am on my way but I am a good 20-25 minutes from the school". They ask if they could give him some Pepsi? I thought that was a bit odd, why Pepsi? But I said "yes, go ahead." When I got there they proceed to tell me that they think he passed out before he came to the office?! Ummmm, what do you mean, you think he passed out? Well, the kids in the class said he was standing then all of the sudden he closed his eyes & fell to the floor. Which is why they gave him Pepsi, they thought he could have passed out because of low blood sugar. I stood there silently taking all this in & thinking I am glad they did not tell me this on the phone. Cuz I would have been in a panic to get to my child. When I looked at Tyler he had a red bump over his eye. Yep, that is where he hit his head when he fell to the ground. He also had a cut on his hand. He said he got the cut first. Hmmmm....
In the car, while asking a lot of questions this is Tyler's version of what happened; he was sitting on the floor and ran his hand across a chair that had something sticking out of it & cut his hand. It really wasn't a bad cut but he took some skin off which made it bleed a lot. So he was feeling a little nauseous & starting to sweat. Then the music teacher made them stand up which is when he said it went black. Next thing he remembers is waking up on the floor. So the blood & standing up quickly made him pass out. Poor baby. I did take him to the Dr. as a precaution. And they took some blood (again poor baby) to see if he was anemic or hypoglycemic(like me). He was neither. So the Dr. gave him a clean bill of health. After resting on the couch the rest of the day, he was back to his normal sweet self the next day. Couple of side notes here, I used to say that he was going to be my doctor because he is super smart & blood never bothered him. Hehehehe, that plan has since changed :) But I am quite content to let God plan his future. I am sure His plan for Tyler is much better than mine anyway. Also, the music teacher had to fill out an accident report and it said that Tyler either passed out or fell asleep briefly. Really, how do you fall asleep briefly while standing up in music class with everybody singing?! ha, that is almost comical.
Oh, I had Makenna's varsity letter done. We put it in a shadow box so that we can add future pins to it. Turned out great.




1 comments:
Oh my....what a day! They called me from school last week too because they though Nathan broke another finger! He didnt thankfully! I love McKenna's leter...it looks great!
Post a Comment