CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 19, 2011

Good Eat'n


















We gonna be eat'n goood tonight! I know that sounded a bit gangsterish but that is what I was thinking when Mike brought home lobsters. Not just any lobsters but fresh, I do mean fresh as in ALIVE lobsters from Maine. His advertising guy lives in Maine so that was Mike's Christmas present. I am liking Mike's job more & more. So in order for us to keep them alive until we were ready to eat them, we had to put them in our crisper drawer with the seaweed they came with (you can be sure I sanitized & disinfected that drawer the next day). Mike said in order to not hear any sounds from the lobsters when we put them in the boiling water (gosh, that sounds so harsh) we needed to put them in the sink with fresh water(yep, disinfected that as well). We did that & the lobsters were nice & quiet going to into the pot. We had steak & lobster that night, see we eat'n goooood. Makenna liked the steak but said the lobster was too chewy (plus she does not like to see how food is prepared, grosses her out). Tyler had more fun playing with his lobster. He was pulling it by its antenna, took its eyeball out, do you really want me to continue?! I hope all boys act like this, I shouldn't be worried, should I? Hmmmm, oh well. I did enjoy my meal that night but after all that work Mike says "next year I'll get the steaks." I have to agree, it is much easier to order a lobster in a restaurant & have them do all the dirty work (literally). But it was an interesting experience.

0 comments: