CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

God is good













I feel extremely philosophical so bare with me. Some of you may think that I wrote that title because life seems so good for Mike & I right now. And I must say, life is good. But not because of his new job & what it offers us (which is great) but because we know that it comes from God. I am not going to justify being happy. I feel like I have to tell people of all our past struggles leading to this point in our lives. But ya know what? God knows what we went through, not only does He know, He is the One that brought us through. So please understand when I talk about life right now I am not without current struggles, we all have those. But when I talk about the good in my life, it comes from a heart of gratitude. I am not bragging or boasting about myself but I am bragging about the One who has blessed me in this moment. And I am going to relish in this and thank Him every day. Because every good & perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father (James 1:17).


That being said, Mike & I just got back from a trip to Naples, Florida. It was an all expense trip courtesy of his job. It was our very first trip together without our angels since they were born. We have never gone anywhere together without them. At first, it was a little strange but soon I got used to it then later quite frankly, I enjoyed it. We got to go to dinner together, shopped, went to the beach, yeah.........I enjoyed it. I think we realized we need time away to bond as a couple, not just as parents. Don't get me wrong, I love being a Mom but sometimes I just want to be Missy, ya know?! And there is nothing wrong with that. We had a wonderful trip, it was very relaxing. And I have to admit, we got spoiled. It was a dealer recognition trip. So it was mostly an appreciation trip for all the hard work these dealerships do so it was about well.......spoiling them. And I liked being spoiled :) I do have to thank my awesome Mom for flying down here to watch my angels so we could go on this trip. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

0 comments: