My "old" kitchen had white floors (whoever thought of that does not have children or a dog). They showed dirt & dog hair constantly. It drove me crazy. So I finally talk Mike into getting new floors & ask if we could price what a window seat would cost. The nook in our kitchen is an odd shape & size so a table just doesn't fit. And plus, we eat dinner at the dining room table & my angels eat breakfast at the island so we don't need a table. Well, while at the flooring center we tell the guy to give us an estimate on the floor, window seat, counter tops and back splash. Mike thought if we are going to do this, let's do it all at once & be done. So they gave us a good price & we got ourselves a "new" kitchen. The only thing missing from my pictures is the back splash, they are running behind & should start it the end of this week. I love it so far so I am sure the back splash will just enhance it.
Just a quick update on my angels; Tyler has been selected to participate in Duke University's TIP program. They pick students who have received a high score on math or science test (Tyler got a 99% on a math EOG) and allow them to take either the ACT or SAT now in 7th grade. And they can keep taking it every year. So he will be sitting in the SAT test in January with a bunch of seniors. WOW! What a smart boy I've got! Can you imagine how this will help his score go up year after year until he is a senior? That is so awesome. Of course, he doesn't see the benefit just yet. And is complaining he has to take a 4 hour test on a Saturday.
Makenna is in the youth band at church and they are having "Youth Sunday" in November. Where the youth is doing the entire service, from singing to preaching. And they asked Makenna to do a solo. It is definitely a God thing. Because the song they asked her to sing is an older song but one that Makenna loved when it first came out & used to sing along with it. And I remember thinking "thank You God for this song & let the meaning of it sink in her heart". So I do believe He heard me. And I can't wait to hear her sing it at church. She is so talented! Oh btw, it is Beautiful, Beautiful by Francesca Battistelli. God is so good.




0 comments:
Post a Comment