They are calling for snow today, then sleet. So of course everything is shutting down---just in case we actually get it. The sad news is Makenna's homecoming was scheduled for tonight & it is now postponed to an undetermined date. Also. Tyler's SAT which was scheduled for Saturday morning was cancelled. Because he is in the seventh grade, I don't know how they will notify us when they set the new date. I think North Carolinians are wimps! Usually we don't even get the snow/sleet they are calling for & if we do it is such a small amount that its melted before you can say "Look it's snowing!"
Something pretty awesome happened this week & I really want to share. I always pray for my family but lately have felt lead to pray scriptures over them & with them. God brought me to a verse that I have been saying with Makenna, its Psalm 37:4. Makenna has been singing with the youth band at church (anyone that knows MJ knows she loves to sing). Youth Sunday is this Sunday & she is leading the singing. Well her youth pastor texted her phone on Thursday, asking if she could get to practice early that night. Then he sent her another text saying,"I have been praying a verse for you relating to the talent God has given you, its Psalm 37:4." WOW!!! How awesome is God?! That blew me away. Please do not tell me it was a coincidence, or just a random chance that he picked the same verse I did for my child. It was not. There are 66 books in the Bible, 1189 chapters in the Bible and 31,273 verses in the Bible. The fact that God spoke the same verse to me & Pastor Drew for Makenna is amazing, awe-inspiring, love & real! I love how God reveals Himself to us in those ways. And I especially love that He did that for my daughter. PERFECT!!! Teenage years can be difficult but when you have the hope & love of Jesus it is enough. I will try to post Makenna singing at church next week.




1 comments:
What a blessing! I LOVE when God does that!!!!
Did you know that when you post a blog entry, you can share it on facebook from there by clicking on the facebook icon? You should do that because I like to read your blog but I never get on the computer to read blogs anymore! That way everyone your friends with can read your blog.
Post a Comment