CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 18, 2008

"There's nothing to do!"

It is the end of summer break for the angels and I keep hearing "there's nothing to do". So I said "Hey why don't we go to the paint store and you can pick out a color to paint your bedrooms." What was I thinking? Anyway, off we go to the paint store. Makenna takes about 2 minutes and has her color--it is a mix between mauve, pink and purple (although in the picture, it looks more purple). Tyler has a harder time choosing. The first bright green color he sees, he wants and I say "no way"----it was the brightest, neon looking green you've ever seen. He tries his hardest to talk me into it, this is what he said "But Mom, you said I could pick ANY color." He did put emphasis on ANY. Urg.... my response was "OK, sure but only one wall gets painted." He didn't like that so he moved on to pick another color. (thank goodness) He settled on a sea green which was still too dark for my taste but hey, its his room, right?

Makenna stayed in her room the entire day helping me paint--she took the roller and I worked around all the trim. She was quite the helper and we got done rather quickly. So the very next day, I took on Tyler's room---thinking he will help paint like Makenna did. Well, lets recap my last entry ---Tyler gets distracted very easily. So he helped put paint on each wall, a nice big slab of paint in the middle and he was done. He decided his time was better spent riding bikes with his friend across the street, leaving me all to myself with a room to finish. Again, I ask "What was I thinking?"

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I love the colors!!! I so wish we could paint! See you tomorrow.

Michael and Yukiko Jones said...

I really like the colors. Painting a room really helps it look more like home. Hope what's left of summer break is wonderful.

Michael and Yukiko Jones said...

(in response to your question)
We are able to take video on our digital camera, and then read them off of our memory card with the pictures. I'm sure there are many ways to get video clips on the blog though. If I find out any other ways I'll let you know.