CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Fall Parties



Last weekend our neighborhood had their annual Halloween party. It started at 3:00pm with a parade down the street into the cul-de-sac where we had hot dogs (I passed on the red ones--yuck!) and lots of other yummy food. They had games for the children to play, Mike and I brought the pull string pinata which was a big hit. Then the night ended with trick-or-treating.








Last night we met the Devries Family in Apex for a fun fest at a church. They had so much for children to do-----inflatables to jump on, tons of games (at the end of each game they got candy---what could be better?!), cake walk, food (like cotton candy, snow cones, popcorn,etc....), and a rockn' dot room (you'll have to ask the angels about that one). They had a great time. Thanks Tricia for inviting us!
Ok, Mike you happy I posted in my blog? My funny husband reminds me when I need to post. He apparently checks my blog regularly and lets me know when its been awhile. Does he not know what is going on in our lives that he needs to check my blog? Maybe he's afraid he missed something and doesn't want to be left out of the loop? Or maybe he doesn't want to get in trouble for missing something? In any case---this ones for you Mikey Poo!

Oh, one more thing--the angels and I met a friend at Crazy Glaze. That is a place where you paint a piece of pottery. I was very intimidated. As most of you know I am not creative. So I was quite happy just watching them paint but somehow got talked into painting so I did. It wasn't as torturous as I thought. I posted a picture of all our pieces, can you guess who did what? Hint....Makenna is the most creative in our family.
One more important piece of information for ya'll in Ohio. Ya know how in Ohio you have to dress the young'ns in layers for trick-or-treat? Well here you have to take layers off as you go. While walking in the parade Tyler who was wearing all black got all sweaty and red faced by the time he reached the cul-de-sac. So he had to take off his costume and just endure the rest of the party in shorts and a t-shirt. Also, today is Nov 1st right? Well I have a neighbor who is mowing and my angels are in t-shirts---how cool is that?! Just thought you might enjoy that piece of info :)

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Great job on the pottery!!! We will have to get together and go to the one down the street from us. It's called Paint Your Pot. I thought it was a great Christmas idea for teachers and family.

Michael and Yukiko Jones said...

It was rather warm here for Beggars night as well, no need to take off layers though. I love painting pottery. Matthew and I will be heading back to the store at Easton because we have to replace the mug that Matthew painted for Mike since I broke it last week. Oh, well. It's a good excuse to go back :)

Pam said...

What a fun week! I really like the painted pottery! Haven't done that in a LONG time myself, but it is fun! It's been pretty nice here lately- warm, actually. But then again, it can change quickly!! I'm hoping it stays like this just a bit longer, though!!

Janice said...

Somebody has deceived you by telling you that you were not creative!!!!! Your bowl turned out amazing! It was fun to learn we had a common passion for Starbucks!! ;)
We'll have to try a girls day at the "Bead Co." with Ashley, Makenna, Jenna and Tricia!! That would be fun too!