CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Busch Gardens











I hope y'all are comfortable, this could be a long post. Mike had a business trip in Williamsburg, VA this week so last week he mentioned that the angels & I should go with him and while he is in his meeting we could go to Busch Gardens. Well, you didn't have to ask the angels twice, they loved the idea. It took about 3.5 hours to get there (the angels had the ipods charged & ready). Turns out Busch Gardens was only 3 minutes away from the hotel, I can handle that (even if I get lost we should still get there in 10 minutes :). The park opened at 10 so by 10:05 we were on our first roller coaster. It was called the griffon, oh let me tell you..... I prayed the entire ride. I'll include a picture of how we just hung in midair for about 5 LONG seconds before we go down a 90 degree drop. Ack, I did not feel well after that but my angels ran to the next ride, another roller coaster! Oh please, nooooooooo. Ok, not wanting to start the day off being wimpy I said I would try it once. This ride your feet were dangling and you went side-ways, upside down (I truly think about 20 times, ok maybe not but it felt like it). I really did not feel good after this ride so I tell my darling angels to find me a bathroom, quick!! Ugh! I did not get sick but my tummy hurt! So the angels rode the next roller coaster without me. I just couldn't do it. I did ride the other rides like roman rapids (we got really wet), another water ride, a haunted house ride. I did all those but just couldn't get myself to do another roller coaster. About 2 the angels had a request, they wanted their Dad. I don't blame them, in fact I offered to leave & give Mike my ticket so he could spend the second half of the day with them. But he wouldn't take me up on that. His meeting was over at 2:30 so he took a taxi (the long 3 minute drive) to the park and was there by 3 something. The angels were so happy! He is such a good Dad. My children are very blessed. So would you like to take a guess which ride they took him to first? Yep, the griffon. I actually did ride it again but when they decide it ride it another 3 or 4 more times after that I didn't. And when they rode the crazy feet dangling one, I said "no, thank you." We were there when the park opened and we stayed until it closed. Whew, my feet hurt. But it was a fun day. The next day while Mike was at his meeting, we hung out at the hotel pool, much more my speed. It was an indoor/outdoor pool, you could actually get to the outside pool from the inside pool. Oh, and they had a hot tub---that's where I was.









So we were heading home and if any of you are familiar with Mike's driving he likes to take what the angels & I call "long-cuts" not short-cuts because they never are short-cuts. Well, true to form Mike was taking a long-cut but it was ok because it dead-ended into a ferry ride across the Jamestown River (don't ask how he did that cuz I don't think even he knows). And if you know Makenna, you know she doesn't even like the pier at the ocean. So she was not thrilled with this. In fact, she hid in the car for awhile while the rest of us got out and enjoyed the view. Then we saw her slowly emerge behind the car and her brother helped her inch her way out. And she did for about 3 minutes then she went back to the car. That was our first ferry ride and even though at first I was a little annoyed with my husband's long-cut turns out to be a pleasant experience. Lesson for me: don't be quick to complain, be more patient. So we made it home safe & sound (although my head & tummy still feel a bit queasy).

0 comments: