Makenna sang in a talent show at her school. She sang Mirror, Mirror by Barlow Girls. It is a Christian song that basically says that the mirror does not define who you are, God does. I am so proud of her. She did a great job. To get up there on stage and sing in front of all your friends, parents, teachers, that is impressive! Good job MJ!!! She also went to her 8th grade formal with some friends. They all looked so nice. But Makenna said the sleepover at her friends house afterwards was more fun than the dance. Oh, I can't believe she is done with middle school.

Speaking of middle school, that is where my "baby" is heading. Tyler had his 5th grade graduation & awards ceremony. You know its bad when you walk in and they hand you the program with TISSUES. I really didn't want to cry & did well until Tyler's teacher got up there to talk about her class and started to cry, ohhhh come on!! I'm glad they gave me tissues. She was the only 5th grade teacher to get emotional (its because she loves Tyler, everyone does :) and I am so thankful Tyler was in her class. I pray every summer for the teachers my children will get the next school year & I know God answered my prayer with her (and yes, I did tell her this too). Man, once I started crying it was hard to stop, Makenna going to high school (I only have 4 years left until she is off to college) and Tyler going to middle school. sniff, sniff, could someone please pass the tissues.




0 comments:
Post a Comment