CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tyler Week

I should have named this post "Mixed Emotions". The reason it is Tyler week is because he is an only child this week. Makenna is at church camp, her first time away for a whole long week. She does have her cell phone and has texted me which makes me feel better but still........
On the flip side, Tyler does not get a lot of one on one time with me or Mike so this is good for him too. Yesterday I took him & a friend to see a movie, today we went to Gamestop and yes, I bought him a video game, then we stopped at Dairy Queen. Tomorrow I am taking him and another friend to the skatepark. Can you see why we dubbed it Tyler week? He is enjoying all the attention but even he misses Makenna. He said it is boring without her (although he might not admit that if you ask him;).
I admit to having anxiety about Makenna being away from me and yes, I cried (come on its me, of course I cried) but I put her in the hands of Him who loves her much more than I. I know God is with her & will protect her. I have prayed that they (Makenna & God) will form a strong relationship starting this week that will last her lifetime. That is my one & only desire for my angels, to have a relationship with Jesus. So I need to slowly step back and allow God to step in. And that is so hard for me.
Last night, Mike, Tyler & I took Riley for a walk and I asked Mike "how are we gonna do this when she is off to college and has her own life without us?" Mike replied "Move to the beach." Hmmmm, well I guess if they must grow up & move on, maybe the beach will ease my sorrows. The sand, ocean waves, Calabash, oyster roast,etc.... wow, that might actually work. My husband is really looking out for me, isn't he?

0 comments: