CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Beach Trip with Friends












This past weekend we went to Ocean Isle Beach with some friends (not just any friends but great friends:). They rented a house on the canal side and invited us to spend a night with them. Of course, the angels were thrilled. Lets see could it be because the house had a ping pong table, pool table, dock to fish off of, 2 person kayaks or being able to do all that with their best friend?! Oh and go to the beach. I think Tyler's favorite thing was fishing, he caught 3 fish (one on the pole and 2 with the net). Let me tell you I am surprised they didn't catch a big fish because we saw some really big fish jump out of the water. Makenna enjoyed being in the kayak with her Dad and having a race in them against Ashley & her Dad (Ashley won). She also liked jumping off the dock into the water. Now the water looked harmless enough but it was part of the intercoastal waterway. And people said they saw a dolphin in the water so if a dolphin could get in........makes you wonder what else could. The funny part was any time something touched any of the children (usually it was the belt from the life jacket) they would yell "What was that?" Nathan thought everything was a piranha. Too funny. Now I did go on a kayak with Mike but I looked quite nerdy with my life jacket on but honestly I didn't care. I was too worried about flipping over and panicking about being in that deep water with who knows what swimming around me. So safety first! We had a wonderful time. And I am thankful for such great friends!

0 comments: