The angels & I went to Ohio last week. We managed to fit a lot into a week. Our main reason for the trip was my sweet little nephew turned one. So we were there for his party. Totally crazy how many gifts a one year gets but he did enjoy the cards (he tried to eat them:). My Mom and I went to get my Grandpa for the party. It was great to see him & he had a good day until he had to go back into the nursing home. It was a little funny, he ate 2 plates of fruit and then a plate of cake & ice cream but while eating all this he was drinking a beer too. I kept saying "yuck fruit with beer". But hey when your as old as he is, it probably taste good. I was so glad I got to visit with him.
Then my brother's family & mine along with our Mom went to an Indians game. I think this was Tyler's favorite part of the trip. We had great seats (in the shade) on the third base side. Before the game Tyler got an autograph from Lonnie Chisenhall, the third baseman. And Makenna got a terrific picture of Lonnie signing the paper with Tyler watching him. So I am going to frame that picture with the autograph & ticket stub. Cool, huh?! Then while still in Aurora we took sweet Samantha to the water park. I do have to tell you the moment she saw all the slides & fun she was going to have that day, she said to me "This is going to be so much fun, your the best aunt in the world!". Oh yeah, I had to remember that when I was getting water dumped on my head and squirted at me from all sides. It was a special day. Although when we left later that day to go to my Mom's for a couple nights, I felt like the worst aunt in the world because sweet Sami was crying saying how much she was gonna miss us :( I love that little girl.


So then we spent a couple nights with my Mom. We played a board game called Quelf which is pretty funny. I had quite a few pictures from this but chose the best (sorry Bre, I didn't get a picture of your belly dancing). If you wanna know what my Mom has under her shirt you'll have to ask her. hehehehehe. We then had a family/friend get together at the park. I got to see my sister and her family, my cousin & her daughter, my niece & her boys & my friend Kerry & her children. Awesome! I loved seeing everyone. It was great to see them.

Then off to my in-laws house for a couple of nights. It started off yummy with my favorite pizza (which you can only get in Canton) Pizza Oven. Mmmmmm And of course we went to an ice cream place, this time Milk & Honey. Funny story while at their house, Tyler decided to try and knock a squirrel out of a pear tree by throwing, what else but pears at the squirrel. Poor squirrel. Ok, truth be told there was a lot of funny stories on this trip involving my boy but some I am too embarrassed to put on here (Mom & Cindy know what I'm talk'n about). I just kept reminding Cindy this is what she has to look forward to in ten years. Trust me Cindy it is not just my boy who acts like this, its all boys!! My Mom said to Cindy (oh btw, Cindy is my sister in law who has the one year old) "This is your future." hahahahaha Good luck with that. Hopefully by that time my boy will much better behaved. Yeah right, who am I kidding! Anyway, we had a wonderful time seeing all our family & friends.




1 comments:
Glad you had a great time! So, you got to experience the game Quelf.......Ashley loves that game, me, not so much!
Post a Comment