For Mother's Day weekend we took a trip to the beach. These last few months have been challenging so I needed to refuel and the best place to do that is the beach. We had nice weather on Saturday, although the water was still cold. While sitting there enjoying the sound of the waves & watching my angels play nice together (shocking,'eh?!) we saw a wedding take place on the beach. It was at the hotel we were staying at so it was going on right beside us. I don't know if its because I have watched too many episodes of "Say yes to the dress" or what, but I was super curious to see the brides dress. So I watched for her to come down the steps. My angels said I was a "creeper" but if I was so was everyone else on the beach. Btw, her dress was really pretty. I took a picture so you could see it too :)
Of course, we ate at Calabash while there. I was having a bit of Calabash withdrawal so I feel better now. Makenna manages to find a stray cat wherever we go & she found one at Cap'tn Nance's Restaurant. They tried feeding it french fries but apparently it didn't like those. She says she's going to be a cat lady when she's older. I think once she realizes that she has to clean the kitty litter, she won't want to be a cat lady! I wish I could say I had a great Mother's Day but it didn't end too well.
This isn't for the weak, I might not even be able to get through it without feeling a little queasy. When we got home from the beach, Mike & Tyler were practicing baseball. Mike was catching while Tyler pitched to him. Well Ty wanted to see how fast he was throwing so he has a ball that tells the speed. So he was throwing hard & fast. Well I don't know for sure what happened but Mike missed a pitch & the ball hit him underneath his eye. I knew instantly, he needed to go to the ER. Poor Tyler felt so bad even though it wasn't his fault. They took a CAT scan & turns out Mike's orbital bone was fractured. So we needed to see two specialist this week, to make sure there is no damage to his vision & to see how this bone will heal. We went to the optometrist & his vision is good & there doesn't look to be any damage there. Praise God! He still has one more Dr to see this week, so if y'all could just keep praying for him & Tyler. But other than that, it was a good Mother's Day. Oh, I am not adding a picture of Mike's face cuz well.......just trust me you don't wanna see it.




0 comments:
Post a Comment