Mike & I have been married 19 years! That is a really long time. And it makes me feel old when I say how long I've been married. Maybe I should just tell people that my parents married me off when I was 16 or something, then I wouldn't feel so old. Wait, that would still put me in my mid-30's so let's say I was married off at like 12! Yeah, that sounds better. We took the angels to Ocean Isle for a few days. We, of course had Calabash but we also went into Myrtle Beach for one of there famous big buffets with crab legs. I think Tyler had 4 plates of just crab legs.
Mike had a good idea to go deep sea fishing. We had to talk Makenna into this since she didn't even like the cruise we went on because it was in the middle of the ocean. So we had to be at Calabash at 7:15am----that was a shock to my angels little systems. And Tyler did not eat anything because he is not a morning person. The first pictures I took on the fishing boat, everyone is pretty happy except Makenna she is still hesitant. Once the boat goes out to sea, the captain tells us it will take about 45 minutes to get to the fishing spot. That 45 minutes was not good to Tyler. He started to get a bit crabby with us & we couldn't figure out why. I did ask if he felt sea sick but got "NO" yelled back at me. We finally get to the fishing spot & we are all putting out lines into the water except Tyler. He has his head in a bucket getting sick. The rest of us felt bad for him but really couldn't do much to help him so we kept on fishing. Once Tyler was done, he was perfectly fine the rest of the trip. And he loved the fishing. We all caught some fish, in fact a good amount of fish. But we only got to bring home 6. They threw back anything under 13 inches or certain type of fish. The good thing is the crew member took the fish off the hook for you. We did have to bait the hooks ourselves. Mike & I were impressed that Makenna baited her own hook. Mainly because she wanted to keep on fishing. It was fun. It was exciting to see what type of fish you reeled in and how big it was. You know, one of us has a fish story to tell, don't you? That person is me. I had 2 fish on my line (there was 2 hooks on these poles) and it was heavy & a little difficult to reel in. However, all the sudden it got very difficult & very heavy. I could not hold the rod & reel it in at the same time. So I yelled for Mike to help me. While doing this Tyler & Mike could see what I had on my line because it was close to the surface. I had a shark! I wanted that shark so bad. But as I was reeling it in, it somehow got off my line. When I brought up the fish, one of them was bitten completely in half. Ugh, I really wanted to catch a shark. The rest of the fishing trip, we talked about the fish/shark that got away. By the end of the trip, it was a 10 foot long great white that I caught but it broke my line :) Oh well, I now have a fish "tale" to tell my grand kids one day!




0 comments:
Post a Comment