Our chickens have laid eggs. We are so excited about this. Our cute little chickens now give us eggs, that is awesome. Our little chickens really are not so little anymore. One problem we do have is that we think one of the chickens is a rooster. It's still hard to tell but I do think Tyler's chicken is the rooster. He is ok with this because when we give Clucky back to the farm and exchange it for a hen, he gets to name it. He wants to name it Sucky, mhmmm, Sucky. Don't ask. He also wants a different type of hen. Not sure if we will do that or not. But we definitely do not want a rooster. I'll keep ya posted on the whole rooster thing.
I don't have any pictures of this next story but it's too funny not to tell. We went kayaking today on a lake pretty close to our house. And we had to share kayaks because you need to be 16 to have one to yourself. So Tyler & I shared and Mike & Makenna shared. Probably should have thought that one through more. Tyler & I tend to butt heads occasionally---this was one of those occasions. I think he was slamming his oar into the water after about ohhhhhh two minutes. He said it was because I was yelling at him. I was just trying to get us away from the boat ramps, 1. because I didn't want to get run over by a boat and 2. I didn't want a boat to tip us from their wake. That wasn't the funny part, this is......... So after Ty & I calm ourselves we are all paddling out & having a good time. Mike hears thunder and says" you know its dangerous to be on the water now & we could die" First, it was sunny so maybe it was heat thunder(does that exist?) or maybe it was a loud truck on the highway but if you know Mike, this is so typical. So the rest of us are laughing cuz it just sounded really funny to us. And then we start splashing each other with the oars (cuz well, it was hot). And guess what Mike did? No, he didn't say we were gonna die but he kept yelling "STOP". Which really made it funnier to the rest of us so we kept splashing. It was quite comical. By the way, we all survived. But afterwards, I did say how thankful I was to be alive after such a close call :)
I just wanna say how really blessed I am (not because I lived through the thunder) to have my angels. They make me smile. Tonight I made kale chips & baked squash and zucchini. And they ate it up. In fact, Makenna asked for kale awhile ago. How lucky am I? To have children who love to eat different foods that I make & like them. We get whats called the produce box, they deliver fresh fruits & vegetables to our door once a week. And it is all local produce. So we have tried things I normally would not buy at the grocery store like kale, radishes, eggplant, etc. And my children are up to try whatever I make. Some things we like, some we don't but I am so very thankful that are willing to try. That makes me happy!




0 comments:
Post a Comment