CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Busy, busy, busy















This past week was crazy busy (as was every week this month). My Mom & Aunt Vickie came to visit us. They were here 3 days and we did a lot in that time. The first day we went to the fair, we ate a lot, walked a lot & got rained on. Ok funny story about the fair, I bought ride tickets in advance (cheaper that way) so instead of us all going on the farris wheel Tyler wanted to ride the ride next to it. Ok, fine but Makenna didn't her stomach was already a little upset. So Mike went on it with him. Well I don't think the boys realized what this ride did & how fast it went doing it. Hard to explain, just look at the picture:) So when the boys got off the ride, they did not look too good. Mike was pale & sweating & Tyler was pale & looking for the nearest trash can. They didn't get sick but they did not ride anymore rides after that. The next day we took the ladies to The Pit restaurant in downtown Raleigh, boy do they have some good food. Then we we got home I made pumpkin rolls & my Mom made apple dumplings per my Aunt's request. Then Tyler had a fall ball game that night & he did awesome (I think he wanted to impress Grandma). Then on Friday I drove them to the beach & Calabash. So it was busy but I had a really great visit with them. I never realized before but my Aunt & I have some of the same quirky traits (although Mike says they are not traits, its just me being weird). Thanks for visiting ladies, I love y'all.


So on Saturday, we had a dinner for Makenna's school booster club. We paid $100. for the athletics department & got a chance to win $10,000. They sold 370 tickets each for $100. and every one's name was dropped into a big barrel thing. So this was a reverse raffle, basically everyone number/name they called was a loser except the very last one left---they win the $10,000. We really figured we would be called fairly quickly, that's just how it works for us. But they had an intermission after they called half the numbers & we were still in it. Cool, and we also won a door prize--$25. gift card at an Italian restaurant. So they keep calling numbers, at 20 left we were still in it. Can you believe that? They called 350 numbers & ours wasn't called. We were getting a little excited at this point. But........then after they called another number ours was called next! Oh poo. So we made down to 18. That's pretty good for us.

1 comments:

Tricia said...

At least you got the gift card! Awesome!