The weather here has been beautiful, sunny & 70's. Love it! We took advantage of the nice weather and went to the pumpkin patch (a family tradition the angels do not want to give up) and corn maze. Since the angels are older we decided to have a little fun competition and go into the maze together to the furthest corner from the exit & see who can make it back first. Tyler & Makenna against Mike & I. As we were walking through the maze together Tyler decided to leave "markers" along the path (like a crumbled up map, someones old coke bottle,etc), well as he was doing this Mike was going behind him picking up his markers and dropping them in different spots. hehehehehe But really that didn't even matter because they ran through the maze so fast (& went thru the corn stalks where there was no path). They won, three times. Yes, they made us do it 3 times :) It was a lot of fun. Right beside the maze was the pumpkin patch. Tyler says "I am finally old enough & strong enough to carry my own pumpkin." I am enjoying these traditions & moments because time goes so fast.
On a side note we get what is called "The Produce Box" every week. It is a box of assorted fruits & vegetables all grown here in NC and they deliver this box to our door. I really enjoy this. This week they included chestnuts. Makenna took it upon herself to roast these chestnuts. The directions said to mark an X on them before baking or it will explode in the oven, well I think she purposely "forgot" to mark one because it did explode. We all tried these roasted chestnuts & really did not like them. But it is fun to try new things & I am thankful my family enjoys this too.




1 comments:
sounds fun!
Post a Comment